Home Insurance Milton

Milton, part of the Halton region was all farmlands not too long ago! It has expanded very quickly and is now home to many families. 

Home Insurance in Milton, Ontario

Milton has become a very popular city especially for many families who are selling their Mississauga houses and upgrading to larger homes in Milton. Neighbourhoods such as Bowes, Cobden and Old Milton have become very popular. With fair real-estate pricing in and many amenities the city has to offer, Milton is a perfect place to start and raise a family! Hop on the 401 and you’ll be in Toronto in under an hour (unless there is an accident which is very common). 

How are Home Insurance Prices in Milton?


Milton Home insurance prices will vary depending on many factors and there is no exact answer to this question. Factors such as age of the property, use, size, upgrades etc will all impact the price. If there were prior claims on your property, many insurance companies may reject to offer insurance. 

Generally, house insurance will be more expensive than a condo or tenant policy. This is because the potential loss is much higher if a claim were to occur on a house than a smaller condo. It’s also a lot more exposure to outside damage with houses. 

FYI: When you are insuring a condo, you only own the inside of the walls. For this reason, your condo policy may start at as little as $25 per month while a house can start at $50+ per month. 

I Plan to Renovate My House, Does Homeowners Insurance Cover That?


You should never do any renovations without notify your home insurance company. If it is very basic renovations such as painting your walls, you should have no problems. However, if you are doing larger upgrades or structural changes, your standard homeowners policy may not cover your claim. 

You will need a temporary Builders-Risk policy to fully cover you. Some property insurers offer that extension directly while others will require you to get a secondary Builders-Risk policy. 

FYI: If you decide to upgrade your own and are looking for a General Contractor, be sure to ask if they are licensed and insured. This can save you a lot of trouble if something were to happen! 

Milton Home Insurance Broker

If you are looking for new property insurance or have a renewal coming up and would like to see if you can save on your premium, call Filip Ambroziak at (416) 803-2113 or email filipa@pbnet.ca. We only deal with Canada’s largest home insurance companies.

Request a Home Insurance Quote