Reporting a Collision

I was just involved in a collision, what do I do?

The first thing you should do is remain calm, accidents happen. Assess the accident for any injuries, if anyone is hurt call 911 immediately.

If the accident is minor (under $2000) simply exchange insurance information (pink slip) and take a picture of their drivers license. If there are any witnesses, ask for their contact information. As with all accidents, take pictures of the scene. The Police will not create a report for small accidents.

If the accident is over $2000 in damages to both parties, call the Police and explain that an accident occurred. Let them know where it happened. Although it may seem very serious, this is a normal part of the process. They will arrive and create an incident report. Ask the officer for an incident report number as you will need this in the future. Take pictures of the scene and take the other parties insurance information and drivers license.

If the incident happened on a parking lot, in most cases , both parties will be at fault. Take pictures, exchange information and have the Police make a report. As mentioned above, if the damages are under $2000, there will be no report made, you can simply proceed and call the insurance company.

You should report a collision to the collision reporting center as soon as you can. If you are not able to report it right away, report it within 48 hours.

I am item content. Click edit button to change this text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

You should always report the accident in the city it happened. Other centers will not accept it. Find the nearest Collision Reporting Station and go there.

In Mississauga, the two reporting centers are:

-11 Division: 3030 Erin Mills Parkway Mississauga, Ontario L5L 1A1 (905) 453-3311 ext. 1100

-12 Division: 4600 Dixie Road Mississauga, Ontario L4W 2R1  (905) 453-3311 ext. 1200

*Both are open 24 hours.

To find a center in your city, please find it on this list