Auto Insurance in Pickering
There is no better time to shop around than now! Insurance rates change every few months, the company that was best in Pickering last year may not be today. Shop around for the best current car insurance rate!
Let find you some good rates!
Pickering Car Insurance Quote
What is required by Law?
Mandatory Auto Insurance Coverage
In Pickering , you must have an auto insurance policy in force to drive. Fines for not having valid insurance in Pickering can be up to $5,000. The following coverages are mandatory at all times:
How do rates compare to other cities?
Car Insurance Rates in Pickering
Pickering Rates are good Compared to the GTA
If you own a car in Pickering, which most likely do, you can consider yourself lucky as your insurance rates are quite good. Comparing them to major cities in the GTA, Pickering rates can be close to 50% cheaper!
Factors That Affect Your Insurance Rates in Pickering
n Ontario, there are many individual rating factors that affect auto insurance rates. Pickering works the same way. Other than individual factor, your auto rate is also determined by where you live.
We will briefly discuss the most important insurance rating factors that you can control.
1. Driving Record. You can live in the best postal code in Ontario but still pay over $6,000 a year if your driving record is filled with at-fault accidents, tickets and insurance gaps. Keep your driving record clean if you want to save on your auto insurance!
2. Your vehicle. Over the recent years, the costs to fix cars have skyrocketed. Economical Insurance has done a small study comparing a GMC vehicle cost of maintenance repair in the year 2007 compared to 2014. In 2007, the average price was about $70. in 2014, it went to a staggering $520! This means that auto insurance premiums must continue to increase just to keep up with claim costs.
Generally, the larger the vehicle, the safer it is and usually cheaper to insure. If you want to reduce your auto insurance rate, stick to SUV’s or larger sedans!
3. Your License. Do you still have your G2? Have you held it for over a year and are able to take your G test? Go take it! It will help you down the road (pun intended). With some companies, you will see a price reduction right when you get your G license, others like to see you hold your G for some time before lowering your rate. Regardless of how a company rates it, it is always better to have a G license instead of just the G2.
Why Your Current Pickering Auto Insurance Is High
Many different factors affect your auto insurance rate in Pickering , but these three have the most weight and are likely the reason your rate is higher than your friends!
The address is the biggest factor that will affect your auto insurance. Different parts of Pickering will have different rates.
If you have an at-fault accident on your record, expect your insurance rate to be high. At-fault claims are rated for six years.
Your vehicle will have an impact on your car insurance price. New, expensive vehicles will cost more to repair and can increase insurance rates.
Best Ways to Save on your Pickering Car Insurance
Pickering auto insurance rates are rising every year. Now more than ever is a great time to shop around!
Below you will find three more ways on how you can save some money on your Pickering car insurance.
Get the Best Auto Insurance rates in Pickering!
Shop the largest and most trusted auto insurance companies in Canada!
How to reduce your rate
Pickering Auto Insurance Discounts and Tips!
In the 1800’s Pickering was home to about 200 residents. Now, it has grown to over 91,000! This means that there are more cars on the road, and sadly, that results in more accidents.
Here are a few discounts to help reduce your auto insurance rates even more:
- Telematics enrolment discount
- Drivers training discount
- Multi-vehicle discount
- Home and car discount
- Winter tire discount
- Pleasure usage
Along with all those discounts, here are a few extra tips to help keep you auto insurance premiums as low as possible.
- Your should always bundle your auto insurance with your Pickering home insurance policy. If you do not own a home or condo, you can consider getting tenant insurance to qualify for the home and auto discount.
- Increase your deductible. If you are confident in your driving ability, you should consider increasing your deductible because that will decrease your insurance rate.
- Collision and comprehensive coverage are not mandatory. If you have an older car, consider insuring it just one-way to help save on insurance costs.
Find more Great auto insurance rates
We have been providing auto insurance quotes across the entire province. Are you looking to move away from Pickering? Get the best auto insurance quote in your city! View our service areas below!